Tuesday, November 18, 2014

THE JANE DIARIES, ENTRY #14


November 15, 2014
1:20 pm: In the basement, I resumed adding characters from Holtz (2001), starting with character 30 - the length of the pubic boot relative to the vertical height of the bone. Coffee at hand.
After that, I discovered that I had already added the rest of the pubic, ischium, fibula, and metatarsal characters. It looks as if I had made it to the end of the list of “Synapomorphies for Tyrannosauridae”, with a couple of exceptions; so now I proceed with “Tyrannosaurid ingroup characters”, at character 40.
2:14: I am at character 58 and the page count is 448.
3:30: Stopping at character 80 (the ratio of cervical centrum length to centrum height); I need to collate cervical centra data into a comparative table for this one.

References cited
 
Holtz, T.R., Jr.  2001.  The phylogeny and taxonomy of the Tyrannosauridae.
            In Mesozoic Vertebrate Life. Edited by D. H. Tanke and K. Carpenter. Indiana
University Press, Bloomington and Indianapolis, Indiana pp. 64-83.

No comments:

Post a Comment